What is a Certified Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney?
Certified Workers’ Compensation law attorney is a designation granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to demonstrate sufficient level of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in Workers’ Compensation law practice.
The Supreme Court, through its Board on Attorney Certification, designates only those lawyers who apply for certification and who are able to meet the standards set by the board and approved by the court.
Of approximately 75,000 active lawyers in New Jersey, only approximately 1,650 or 2.2% hold board certification across all five specialty areas of practice (civil trial law, criminal trial law, matrimonial law, workers’ compensation law, and municipal court law).
What Does it Mean When an Attorney is Certified?
A certified attorney is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. A New Jersey attorney who is certified by the Supreme Court as a Workers’ Compensation law attorney must have:
- Been a member in good standing of the New Jersey bar for more than five (5) years;
- Fulfilled ongoing continuing legal education requirements;
- Demonstrated a substantial level of experience in Workers’ Compensation law;
- Been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with his or her work; and
- Taken and passed a written examination in Workers’ Compensation law.
Keith Kandel, Esq. — Certified Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Keith Kandel, Esq., has led the firm’s Workers’ Compensation practice since 2013. He has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney. Mr. Kandel has served thirty (30) years in the U.S. Army (Active and Reserve Component), retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel.
If you have a Workers’ Compensation matter, please contact us to learn more about how we can help you.